Photobucket     Photobucket     Photobucket     Photobucket     Photobucket     Photobucket

Sunday, December 23, 2012

handmade wrapping paper: that's a fucking wrap.

each year i have the same issue when it comes to picking out wrapping paper -- i just don't like any of the shit out there. and for the stuff i do, it's all about $10 a roll, which is just bananas. because i like the tree to to be the shining star, i try to keep my wrapping minimal and clean, but with some character and charm, so this year i decided to make my own. now i know what you're thinking, ain't nobody got tiiiime for that, but honestly it took less than 20 minutes to stamp almost three full rolls of paper, and they turned out just fucking darling.
i borrowed a beautiful stamp set from a friend, and purchased a few rolls of kraft paper from the post office -- at $2.49 a roll, i can pretty much wrap all my gifts for less than $8 in paper. i choose to stick with 3 stamp styles, and 2 different colours for the ink, to keep things familiar and complimentary. i also recruited paulie to stamp a roll for me, which he bitched about the entire time, but ended up really lovely.
once all the sheets were stamped, i let them dry and then began the wrapping business. using a bit of red & white bakers twine, some fresh cedar and washi tape, the gifts turned out exactly how i wanted them to look and i am even more excited to give them to our friends and family. only a small part of my heart will break into a thousand pieces when those bastards rip their gifts apart to get to the goods, 
but it's all part of the fun, and i'm ok with that.

7 comments:

  1. What did you get me?

    Uncle John

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fantastic! They are just right. Go money savers too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! Just might have to steal your idea next year, sugarplum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these! I have wrapped all presents in kraft paper for the past 2 years. I love it. I haven't done any stamps this year but I would love to try something like this next year. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to leave me a wee note! kindly leave your name so i know who you are & can send some lovin' back at ya.

Next Post Previous Post Home